The Colgate Magik App uses advanced technology to detect your brushing movements. In the App, you will see toothpaste bubbles cleaning your teeth and the cavity monsters disappearing if you are brushing in the indicated zone with the correct brushing technique. If you are having trouble to make the application detect the Colgate Magik toothbrush, give these steps a try:
- Make sure you’re not too close or too far from the device. The ideal distance between you and the device is between 17 to 24 inches
- Light conditions may distort the colors captured by the camera. It’s recommended to avoid backlights, dark lighting and overly bright lighting
- You should be able to see yourself and the Magik brush entirely in the Magik mirror while playing
- Nothing blocking the front camera (i.e. between the smart device and the brush)
- The app must detect the dots on the Magik connector to calculate the position of the bristles. Try holding the toothbrush with one hand hiding the Colgate logo.
And while brushing, make sure Magik connector can always be seen in the play screen, otherwise an alert (a magnifying glass with question marks) will pop up.
- Check that the phone camera lens is clean
- Brush comfortably and realistically - neither too slow nor too fast.
- Make sure only one face is in the frame
The dots and stars on the brush that make it detectable are easy to mix up with pajamas, colorful wallpapers and similar “camouflage.” Make sure there are no other dots in the room that might interfere with the detection.
Article is closed for comments.