We listen to the Dentists on this one. Dentists and hygienists recommend replacing the brush head every three (3) months, like any other toothbrush.
How to replace the brush head
Removing the head is simple:
- Hold the handle
- Gently pull the brush head to the opposite direction of the handle
- Before saying bye to that old brush head, go ahead and scrub away any dried toothpaste or debris from the handle.
To replace the head:
- Make sure the bristles and logo are facing you
- Slide the brush head until you hear a click
- Remember you can check the condition of the brush heads in the toothbrush settings in the app. It will also let you know when you replaced your brush head. Handy.
Checking the brush head condition
The app will remind you when to replace your brush head. The date is defaulted to the first time you connect your toothbrush with the app. You can reset the counter when you replace your brush head. Learn more.
There is a gauge where 0% means you haven’t brushed at all and 100% which means more than 250 min of brushing time (which is 3 months of use).
The brush head condition can be
- Good → Changed recently
- Getting older → More than half-used
- Replace now → Used more than recommended
You will get a notification pop up to remind you when it’s time to renew the brush head.
When you change the toothbrush head, remember to tap the Reset counter!
Colgate Pulse replacement heads
Colgate Pulse smart toothbrush offers its own replaceable heads:
- Deep Clean: superior plaque removal*
- Whitening: Whiter teeth in 1 week*
- Sensitive: Designated to delicately clean sensitive teeth and gums
Brush heads are available wherever Colgate Pulse is sold.
*versus a regular manual toothbrush