The Colgate® Magikᵀᴹ app uses advanced technology to detect your brushing movements. In the app, you will see toothpaste bubbles cleaning your teeth and the cavity monsters disappearing if you are brushing in the indicated zone with the correct brushing technique. If you are having trouble to make the application detect the Colgate® Magikᵀᴹ toothbrush, give these steps a try:
- Make sure you’re not too close or too far from the device. The ideal distance between you and the device is between 17 to 24 inches
- Light conditions may distort the colours captured by the camera. It’s recommended to avoid backlights, dark lighting and overly bright lighting
- You should be able to see yourself and the Magikᵀᴹ brush entirely in the Magikᵀᴹ mirror while playing
- Nothing blocking the front camera (i.e. between the smart device and the brush)
- The app must detect the dots on the Magikᵀᴹ connector to calculate the position of the bristles. Try holding the toothbrush with one hand hiding the Colgate logo.
- Check that the phone camera lens is clean
- Brush comfortably and realistically - neither too slow nor too fast.
- Make sure only one face is in the frame
The dots and stars on the brush that make it detectable are easy to mix up with pajamas, colourful wallpapers and similar “camouflage.” Make sure there are no other dots in the room that might interfere with the detection.