A wireless –or over-the-air (OTA)– update makes your toothbrush more intelligent, brings improvements to it and fixes bugs. During this update the LED should be blinking green.
You might be unable to update your toothbrush OTA for these reasons:
- downloading the update take too much time,
- the update doesn’t complete,
- unable to establish connection to internet,
- lost connection with your device.
If you are installing the update, the progress bar might be moving slowly or seems like it isn’t moving. When you’re updating OTA, keep your device and product connected to a power source so that it won't run out of power during this process and be patient, the update can take a few minutes.
If you think the update never completes and/or the progress bar hasn’t moved for an extended time and/or if your toothbrush LED lights up in a bright green color, it is possible that the update failed.
If you install the update, the progress bar may move slowly or not seem to move. When you update via OTA, leave your device and brush connected and be patient, the update may take a few minutes.
If you suspect that the update does not complete and / or the progress bar has not moved for an extended period of time and / or the LED light on your toothbrush is green The update may have failed.
To resolve this problem, try the following steps:
- In the brush settings of the Colgate Connect app for iOS, forget the toothbrush, if available, back up your data (Settings, Account, Save your data).
- Uninstall the Colgate Connect app.
- Reinstall and restart the Colgate Connect app and sign in to your account.
- In the Colgate Connect brush settings, add your toothbrush again by selecting Connect M1.
- Shake your toothbrush to pair it.
On your dashboard, a notification badge must appear on the toothbrush icon. Click on it and select "Update Now". The OTA update should start again.