Learn how to set up your Colgate or hum toothbrushes with your device.
Before you begin
To use the Colgate/ hum toothbrushes, you need to download the Colgate Smile app on compatible devices.
You also need to complete these steps:
- Make sure that your device Bluetooth is on.
- Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network
- Make sure that you have created one account.
Pairing your toothbrush
Open the App, in the Home page, tap the + icon at top left to start the pairing process.
- E1: Press the power button on your toothbrush to wake up your toothbrush, and you will see the LED of the brush is blinking blue.
- M1: Shake the toothbrush and you will see the LED in the bottom of M1 is blinking blue.
A pop-up will then show up to remind you that one connected toothbrush has been detected. Click ‘Yes, connect’ to finish the pairing process.
Don’t see your toothbrush?
If your toothbrush is near but not appearing in the list, it may be because
- It’s in standby mode
- Has a low battery level
- It is already connected to another device
Start disabling Bluetooth for a few seconds and turn it back on, often the connection just needs to be reset. Try to press the power button of your toothbrush for 10 seconds, deactivate the Bluetooth or forget the toothbrush on the other device. And then you shall see your toothbrush in the list.