The hum kids app uses advanced technology (Augmented Reality) to detect brushing movements. When detection is working correctly, on your screen you will see toothpaste bubbles cleaning your teeth and the cavity monsters disappearing if you are brushing in the indicated zone with the correct brushing technique. If you are having trouble to make the app detect the hum kids toothbrush, give these steps a try:
- Distance from the phone: Make sure your child is not standing too close or too far from the phone. The ideal distance between your child and the phone should be at least 2 to 3 feet.
- Phone Angle & Toothbrush Visibility: Adjust the phone angle by adjusting the phone holder. Both your kids face and toothbrush must be visible in the phone frame throughout their entire brushing experience. If your child is too short, try having them use a stepping stool so that their face and toothbrush are both visible in the phone frame. Make sure nothing is blocking the front camera (i.e. between the smart device and the brush). Check that the phone camera lens is clean.
- Bathroom Lighting: Lighting conditions may distort the colors captured by the camera. It’s recommended to avoid backlights, dark lighting and overly bright lighting. Make sure your child’s face is clearly visible on the phone screen.
- Holding The Toothbrush: The app must be able to clearly see the colorful dots on the bottom while brushing. Make sure your child is holding the toothbrush with one hand, without covering the dots on the bottom. Try holding the toothbrush with one hand hiding the Colgate logo.
- Brush comfortably and realistically - neither too slow nor too fast.
- Make sure only one face is in the frame
- Set the scene: The dots on the brush that make it detectable are easy to mix up with pajamas, colorful wallpapers and similar “camouflage.” Make sure there are no other dots in the room that might interfere with the detection.
Article is closed for comments.